Saturday, June 27, 2009

Review: Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers

Late last summer, we received official word that a Magic: The Gathering Xbox LIVE Arcade title was slated for release. At the time of the announcement, I was learning the game. Figuring out how to tap lands, what the hell “Fear” does, and when to use an Instant isn’t easy work. It requires passion and patience -- curious, considering those two elements usually only grow from being intimately involved with something you already understand. Still, I managed to navigate the steep learning curve with the help of friends and a 500-page instruction manual.

I’m not a professional spell slinger. I don’t chill in University basements or visit trading card shops. But I’m pretty sure I understand the game enough. After all, that manual hasn’t moved from my cluttered desk for over a year.

That announced title, now known as Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, debuted on Xbox LIVE Arcade a few days ago. I felt it was my duty to review it, considering I started learning the game with the digital release in mind.

Comment:
It's time to buy an XBOX 360 and play Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers!

read full article...

No comments:

Post a Comment